SEWER RAT DESCRIPTION
The brown rat, also referred to as common rat, street rat, sewer rat, Hanover rat, Norway rat, brown Norway rat, Norwegian rat, or wharf rat (Rattus norvegicus) is one of the best known and most common rats.
Similar to other rodents, brown rats may carry a number of pathogens, which can result in disease, including Weil’s disease, rat bite fever, cryptosporidiosis, viral hemorrhagic fever, Q fever and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. In the United Kingdom, brown rats are an important reservoir for Coxiella burnetii, the bacterium that causes Q fever, with seroprevalence for the bacteria found to be as high as 53% in some wild populations.
This species can also serve as a reservoir for Toxoplasma gondii, the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis, though the disease usually spreads from rats to humans when domestic cats feed on infected brown rats. The parasite has a long history with the brown rat, and there are indications that the parasite has evolved to alter an infected rat’s perception to cat predation, making it more susceptible to predation and increasing the likelihood of transmission.
Surveys and specimens of brown rat populations throughout the world have shown this species is often associated with outbreaks of trichinosis, but the extent to which the brown rat is responsible in transmitting Trichinella larvae to humans and other synanthropic animals is at least somewhat debatable. Trichinella pseudospiralis, a parasite previously not considered to be a potential pathogen in humans or domestic animals, has been found to be pathogenic in humans and carried by brown rats.
Read more on Wikipedia – here.
SPEAK WITH A CONSULTANT FOR FREE
Enough about bugs! Moving on to bigger critters, we can also get rid of any mouse in your house, rats in the walls, or similar rodent problem you may have. Wayfare Pest Solutions will identify the problem areas, bait or trap out the offending vermin, & seal up entry holes to prevent them from coming back.
If you are living in Portland, Vancouver or any of the surrounding areas and have a sewer rat problem, give us a call toll free at 1 (844) WAYFARE or 1 (844) 929-3273 to schedule a free consultation. Or click the ‘book consultation online’ button below.
Wayfare Pest Solutions will take care of it for you without upsetting the balance of the ecosystem, posing a threat to your family, your pets, your neighbors pets, and other furry things that we like via our Full Contact IPA method . . . and get results. Don’t call us first. Call us LAST.
Call Us Toll Free at 1 (844) WAYFARE
OREGON SERVICE AREAS:
- Sewer Rat Removal – Portland, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Beaverton, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Hillsboro, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Cornelius, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – North Plains, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Lake Oswego, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Sherwood, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Tigard, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Forest Grove Communities, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – McMinnville, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Gresham, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Corbett, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Hood River, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Sandy, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Canby, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Rhododendron, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Vernonia, OR
- Sewer Rat Removal – Scapoose, OR
WASHINGTON SERVICE AREAS:
- Sewer Rat Removal – Vancouver, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Camas, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Washougal, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Ridgefield, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – LaCenter, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Woodland, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Longview, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Yacolt, WA
- Sewer Rat Removal – Amboy, WA
*** If you are experiencing a sewer rat issue and do not see your city listed here please give us a call toll free to see if it is possible to make a special trip to see you @ 1 (844) WAYFARE – (844) 929-3273. ***
Click the blue ‘View Coupon’ button to claim today’s offer. Please note that in an effort to be a positive influence in the community we offer multiple promotional discounts for Seniors, Students, Military, Veterans and their Family.