ROOF RAT DESCRIPTION
The black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world. Also known as a ‘roof rat’.
Black rats are generalist omnivores. They are serious pests in nature as they eat birds and insects, and to farmers as they eat a wide range of agricultural crops. They are vectors of many diseases including the bacterium Yersinia pestis, an agent of bubonic plague.
Black rats adapt to a wide range of habitats. In urban areas they are found around warehouses, residential buildings, and other human settlements. They are also found in agricultural areas, such as in barns and crop fields. In urban areas they prefer to live in dry upper levels of buildings, so they are commonly found in wall cavities and false ceilings. In the wild, black rats live in cliffs, rocks, the ground, and trees. They are great climbers and prefer to live in trees, such as pines and palm trees. Their nests are typically spherical and made of shredded material, including sticks, leaves, other vegetation, and cloth. In the absence of trees, they can burrow into the ground. Black rats are also found around fences, ponds, riverbanks, streams, and reservoirs.
The black rat, along with the brown rat, is one of the most widespread rats and animal species in the world.
Read more on Wikipedia – here.
SPEAK WITH A CONSULTANT FOR FREE
Enough about bugs! Moving on to bigger critters, we can also get rid of any mouse in your house, rats in the walls, or similar rodent problem you may have. Wayfare Pest Solutions will identify the problem areas, bait or trap out the offending vermin, & seal up entry holes to prevent them from coming back.
If you are living in Portland, Vancouver or any of the surrounding areas and have a roof rat problem, give us a call toll free at 1 (844) WAYFARE or 1 (844) 929-3273 to schedule a free consultation. Or click the ‘book consultation online’ button below.
Wayfare Pest Solutions will take care of it for you without upsetting the balance of the ecosystem, posing a threat to your family, your pets, your neighbors pets, and other furry things that we like via our Full Contact IPA method . . . and get results. Don’t call us first. Call us LAST.
Call Us Toll Free at 1 (844) WAYFARE
OREGON SERVICE AREAS:
- Roof Rat Removal – Portland, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Beaverton, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Hillsboro, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Cornelius, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – North Plains, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Lake Oswego, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Sherwood, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Tigard, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Forest Grove Communities, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – McMinnville, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Gresham, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Corbett, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Hood River, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Sandy, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Canby, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Rhododendron, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Vernonia, OR
- Roof Rat Removal – Scapoose, OR
WASHINGTON SERVICE AREAS:
- Roof Rat Removal – Vancouver, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Camas, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Washougal, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Ridgefield, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – LaCenter, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Woodland, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Longview, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Yacolt, WA
- Roof Rat Removal – Amboy, WA
*** If you are experiencing a roof rat issue and do not see your city listed here please give us a call toll free to see if it is possible to make a special trip to see you @ 1 (844) WAYFARE – (844) 929-3273. ***
Click the blue ‘View Coupon’ button to claim today’s offer. Please note that in an effort to be a positive influence in the community we offer multiple promotional discounts for Seniors, Students, Military, Veterans and their Family.