HOUSE FLY DESCRIPTION
The housefly (also house fly, house-fly or common housefly), Musca domestica, is a fly of the suborder Cyclorrhapha. It is the most common of all domestic flies, accounting for about 91% of all flies in human habitations, and indeed one of the most widely distributed insects, found all over the world. It is considered a pest that can carry serious diseases.
In colder climates, houseflies survive only with humans. They have a tendency to aggregate and are difficult to dispose of. They are capable of carrying over 100 pathogens, such as those causing typhoid, cholera, salmonellosis, bacillary dysentery, tuberculosis, anthrax, ophthalmia, and parasitic worms. Some strains have become immune to most common insecticides.
House flies feed on liquid or semiliquid substances beside solid material which has been softened by saliva or vomit. Because of their large intake of food, they deposit feces constantly, one of the factors that makes the insect a dangerous carrier of pathogens. Although they are domestic flies, usually confined to human habitations, they can fly for several miles from the breeding place. They are active only in daytime, and rest at night, e.g., at the corners of rooms, ceiling hangings, cellars, and barns, where they can survive the coldest winters by hibernation, and when spring arrives, adult flies are seen only a few days after the first thaw.
Read more on Wikipedia – here.
SPEAK WITH A CONSULTANT FOR FREE
Different techniques are required for hornets, flies, wasps, & bees. With the Wayfare Pest Solutions Flying Pest Service we identify your problem insect first then devise a strategy. Honey Bees, Mason Bees, Bumble Bees & other pollinators are NOT killed at Wayfare; we only offer humane bee removal.
If you are living in Portland, Vancouver or any of the surrounding areas and have a house fly problem, give us a call toll free at 1 (844) WAYFARE or 1 (844) 929-3273 to schedule a free consultation. Or click the ‘book consultation online’ button below.
Wayfare Pest Solutions will take care of it for you without upsetting the balance of the ecosystem, posing a threat to your family, your pets, your neighbors pets, and other furry things that we like via our Full Contact IPA method . . . and get results. Don’t call us first. Call us LAST.
Call Us Toll Free at 1 (844) WAYFARE
OREGON SERVICE AREAS:
- House Fly Removal – Portland, OR
- House Fly Removal – Beaverton, OR
- House Fly Removal – Hillsboro, OR
- House Fly Removal – Cornelius, OR
- House Fly Removal – North Plains, OR
- House Fly Removal – Lake Oswego, OR
- House Fly Removal – Sherwood, OR
- House Fly Removal – Tigard, OR
- House Fly Removal – Forest Grove Communities, OR
- House Fly Removal – McMinnville, OR
- House Fly Removal – Gresham, OR
- House Fly Removal – Corbett, OR
- House Fly Removal – Hood River, OR
- House Fly Removal – Sandy, OR
- House Fly Removal – Canby, OR
- House Fly Removal – Rhododendron, OR
- House Fly Removal – Vernonia, OR
- House Fly Removal – Scapoose, OR
WASHINGTON SERVICE AREAS:
- House Fly Removal – Vancouver, WA
- House Fly Removal – Camas, WA
- House Fly Removal – Washougal, WA
- House Fly Removal – Ridgefield, WA
- House Fly Removal – LaCenter, WA
- House Fly Removal – Woodland, WA
- House Fly Removal – Longview, WA
- House Fly Removal – Yacolt, WA
- House Fly Removal – Amboy, WA
*** If you are experiencing a house fly issue and do not see your city listed here please give us a call toll free to see if it is possible to make a special trip to see you @ 1 (844) WAYFARE – (844) 929-3273. ***
Click the blue ‘View Coupon’ button to claim today’s offer. Please note that in an effort to be a positive influence in the community we offer multiple promotional discounts for Seniors, Students, Military, Veterans and their Family.