Small pest & wildlife control company looking for a field technician. Immediate opening, no pest control experience necessary. Must have some experience with hand tools and minor repairs. Experience with work on ladders and roofs a plus.
Technician will be making inspections of properties for wildlife and pest issues, provide recommendations for solutions and complete the process. Includes baiting for rodents, setting and maintaining traps, general pest control treatments and light repair work for animal/pest exclusions.
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license and good driving history.
- Comfortable driving in all traffic and weather conditions.
- Fluent in English, able to converse with customers and co-workers.
- Customer service oriented, and able to explain inspection results, recommendations and processes.
- Comfortable working with insects and various pests in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Willing to do roof work, crawl space work and work in other confined spaces.
- Comfortable with ladders up to 40′ and be able to lift up to 75 lbs overhead.
- Able to handle wildlife, and must be eligible for the Washington State Wildlife Control Operator license. https://wdfw.wa.gov/living/nuisance/how_to_become_wco.html
- Mature, and able to work with immediate close supervision as well as independently without direct supervision.
- Diligent with following safety protocols and proper procedures.
- An interactive member in a team work environment.
- Motivated, a self-starter, and able to think through a problem and plan ahead for contingent situations.
- Must be attentive to details and documentation.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in routes and schedules.
- Must be able to pass all license testing requirements for pest control and wildlife (study materials will be provided).
- Able to pass drug test and background check
Send resume / employment history with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org